The ease of getting good healthcare differs substantially across nations. The World Health Organization estimates that 50% of people worldwide do not have access to the necessary medical treatment.
Many nations have adopted government-funded universal health care programs, often known as universal health coverage, to solve this deficiency by providing healthcare to more than 90% of their population.
Government regulation of universal health care systems guarantees that the service is of a good caliber. It is inexpensive so that the patient is not placed in financial difficulty and provides healthcare to practically all citizens.
Health care provided under universal health care systems is often provided to all people, regardless of their income, for free or at a very minimal cost.
There are universal health care plans in existence in dozens of nations, but how they are implemented varies widely from one country to the next.
In the United Kingdom, all medical services are offered for free in government-owned public facilities. In Germany, private hospitals and physicians are compensated by a government fund.
To increase both accessibility and comprehensiveness, several nations have hybrid public/private systems.
For instance, South Korea has a universal health care system that includes up to 60% of all medical bills, and 77% of South Koreans supplement it with private insurance to pay the remaining costs. South Korea’s healthcare system is often regarded as the finest in the OECD.
Brazil is arguably the best example of universal health care because everyone there, including citizens, visitors, refugees, and undocumented immigrants, is entitled to free, immediate medical care in any form they require, including primary care, surgery, prescription medications, without the need for an application or other paperwork.
Also See: Countries With Polio 2022
Countries with Universal Health Care:
- Albania, Algeria, Argentina, Australia, Austria
- Bahamas, Belgium, Bhutan, Botswana, Brazil, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso
- Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cuba, Czech Republic
- Finland, France
- Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Greece
- Hong Kong (China SAR)
- Iceland, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy
- Macau, Malaysia, Maldives, Mauritius, Mexico, Monaco
- Netherlands, New Zealand, North Korea, Norway
- Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Portugal
- Romania, Russia, Rwanda
- Serbia, Seychelles, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Suriname, Sweden, Switzerland
- Taiwan, Thailand, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey
- United Kingdom
|Trinidad and Tobago||1406.5850|