San Jose is a city in the state of California. With a population of 1 million people, it is California the third-highest populated city in the state, following Los Angeles and San Diego. The city’s population is 2.5 percent of the population of the state.
The city is situated on the coast of Northern California. The city is known as the “Capital of Silicon Valley” due to it being the economic as well as cultural and political hub for Silicon Valley.
Based on our study, San Jose’s population is projected to be 1.070 million by the first day of July 2022. We base our calculations on the first day of July every year because the US census bureaus typically publish the estimated population figures for the same time frame.
The calculations are based on the average rate of growth of 0.91 percent over the last 10 years, starting in 2011. We believe that using the most recent numbers from the previous years (see in the table in the next section) will make the calculation more precise.
Population Growth of San Jose
In the ten years before the peak in San Jose’s populace, the rate of growth is slow but steady, between 0.20 percent to 1.81 percent, adding about 22,000-17,849 people per year to the total population.
Many workers moved from San Jose to take advantage of the opportunities for employment there which contributed to the growth in population.
When compared to the other cities of California, San Jose growth rate is in line with the overall state rate. As you will see in the table below, the city in San Jose first time pass the 1 million.
Demographics of San Jose
According to the U.S. Census Bureau, 50.9 percent of the San Jose population is male and 49.1 percent female. The average age of the average San Jose resident is 35.2 years old. There are 24.8 percent of the population younger than 18 and 24, and 10.1 percent aged 65 or over.
The demographics that are present in San Jose are White (42.8 percent), Hispanic (33.2%), Asian (32%), Black (3.2%) More than two races (5 percent), Other(15.7%).
San Jose is a multicultural city that has a lot of residents from overseas. There are more than 100 spoken languages by San Jose residents whose families are from all over the globe.
The most popular five languages (other than English) that are spoken within California comprise Spanish, Asian Languages, Pacific Islander languages, other languages.
In terms of wealth for residents, the median income of an entire household in San Jose was the most expensive within the U.S.
The median income of the average San Jose family was $86,822. Males had a higher income than females, with a median income of $49,347 against $36,936.
The per capita income in the town was $29,697. Around 6.0 percent of households and 8.8 percent of the population were living below the poverty level which included 10.3 percent of people younger than 18 years old and 7.4 percent of people 65 and over.
Population Density of San Jose
San Jose’s population density is 2230 inhabitants per sq kilometer making it one of the densest big cities across America.
Facts About San Jose
- Before the arrival of Spanish the region surrounding San Jose was inhabited by the Ohlone people.
- San Jose is one of the richest city in San Jose is among the most prosperous cities in United States and the world and boasts the third-highest GDP per capita anywhere in the globe (after Zurich, Switzerland and Oslo, Norway).
- With a median price for homes of $1,085,000 San Jose has the most expensive housing market in the United States and is the fifth-highest priced market for housing.
- About 35 percent of venture capital funds put into American businesses end up there. San Jose.
- San Jose is thought to be the oldest Californian settlement that was established in 1777. It was an agricultural community.
- The Monopoly board located in Guadalupe River Park is 30 square feet which makes it the biggest Monopoly board anywhere in the world.
- With 6,256 participants digging in the earth, building of San Jose Earthquakes’ stadium established records. Guinness World Record for the largest ground-breaking event in history.
- Nearly half of adult residents of San Jose have a college degree, which makes it among the most educated cities in America.
The following links provide data for this topic: