Rockhampton is an Australian city located in Central Queensland, located 636 kilometers North West of Brisbane. Rockhampton has a population of more than 81,000.
It is the fourth largest regional city in Queensland, outside that of cities in South East Queensland. Additionally, Rockhampton is Australia’s 22nd highest urbanized city, with 0.33 percent of the nation’s population.
Based on our findings, the Rockhampton population will be 83,080 on June 30th, 2022. We calculate the end of June every year due to the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS), which follows the Australian budgetary year to push the figures.
This calculation is based upon the annual growth rate of 0.48 percent over the last ten years, starting in 2011. We believe that using the latest year’s figures (see this table in the following section) will help to make the calculation more precise.
Population Growth in Rockhampton
In the last ten years of Rockhampton, the city’s population The growth rate isn’t always consistent and ranges between 2.13 percent to -0.87 percent.
Between 2012 and 2013, the city saw the most growth by adding 1,678 and 1,237 residents to the total population, respectively. The recent years the population has declined.
This reason behind the decline in population could be due to the job opportunities available in Rockhampton.
Demographics of Rockhampton
According to the census, 78.3 percent of those who reside within Rockhampton are born in Australia.
The top answers for the country of birth included 2.0 percentage New Zealand, 1.3% England, 0.7% Korea, Republic of , 0.6 percent Philippines, 0.5% India, 0.5% Sri Lanka, 0.4% Fiji, 0.3 percent China , 0.3% Papua New Guinea, 0.3% Bangladesh, 0.3% United States of America, 0.2 percent El Salvador, 0.2% Samoa, 0.2% Iran.
The makeup of religion in Rockhampton is 23.1 percent Catholic, 21.5% No religion, 16.8% Anglican, 14.7 The percentage of religious affiliation is not specified, 6.8% Uniting Church, 4.3% Presbyterian and Reformed, 2.6% Baptist, 1.8 1.8% Christian, 1.0% Jehovah’s Witnesses, 1.0% Hinduism.
Population Density in Rockhampton
Rockhampton has a population density of 139 inhabitants per square kilometer. This is among the most populated cities in Queensland.
Occupations and Industries
According to the census, the primary occupations of those living in Rockhampton include 20.8 percent laborers, 15.6% Technicians & tradespeople, 12.9% Managers, 12.5% Personal and community employees, 10.7 Professionals. 9.8 9 % administrative and clerical personnel, 9.4% Machinery operators and drivers, 7.4 Sales employees, 0.9% Occupation inadequately defined/not stated.
The primary industries that residents of Rockhampton employ are 15.9 percent of accommodation as well as food service, 13.5 Health services, and social aid 10.3 manufacturing, 10.0% Retail trade, 6.6% Transport, shipping, and warehousing, 6.2 percent other services, 6.1 percent of public administration, safety 5.9 construction, 3.8 percent Education and Training.
Facts About Rockhampton
- Rockhampton is a city that has a highly humid subtropical climate. The city is blessed with more than 300 sunshine days per year.
- The area of Rockhampton is 580 sq km.
- Rockhampton is the capital city that is not officially recognized for Central Queensland. It’s situated eight meters above sea level and only a few kilometers to the north of the Tropic of Capricorn.
- The median/average age of people living in Rockhampton City is 38 years.
- The three-yearly Beef Australia Expo is held every third Saturday in May in the Rockhampton Showgrounds.
- It is believed that the Capricorn District is the ancestral place of residence for Darumbal Aboriginal people. Darumbal Aboriginal tribe.
- The City of Rockhampton was proclaimed in 1902.
- Postcodes that apply to Rockhampton are 4700, 4701, and 4702.
The following links provide data for this topic: