Kalgoorlie is a Western Australia city located in Perth’s 595 km east-northeast region.
With a population of more than 29,000, it is the 4th in terms of population in WA. It is also ranked 44th in terms of urban centers in Australia.
Based upon our research, the Kalgoorlie population will be 29,032 by the close of June 2022.
The end of June is the date we use each year because the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) follows the Australian budget when we push the figures.
This calculation is based upon the average growth rate of –0.61 percent over the past ten years starting from 2011. We believe that using the most recent numbers from the previous years (see the table below in the next section) will make the calculation more precise.
Population Growth of Kalgoorlie
In the last ten years of Kalgoorlie’s population, the growth rate is not encouraging, with a range of –0.15 percent to –1.00 percent, which is a decrease of 45-307 people every year, a significant decrease to the total population.
The primary reason for the population decline is the rate of employment. People are likely to leave if no job opportunity is available for them anymore.
Kalgoorlie is among the few cities to have declining growth rates in Australia. The rate of growth is less than the average growth in the nation.
According to census data, 52 percent of the people in Kalgoorlie are male, and 48% of them are female. The average age in Kalgoorlie is 33.
The top birthplaces include: Australia 65.8%, New Zealand 7.9%, England 2.4 0.9%, Philippines 2.2%, South Africa 1.9% and India 1.2 percent.
The Top spoken languages at home are: English 78.6%, Afrikaans 1.3%, Tagalog 1.1%, Filipino 0.7%, Mandarin 0.7% and Hindi 0.5%.
The major religions of Kalgoorlie comprise the following: No Religion, as defined 33.4 percent, Catholic 22.1%, Not specified 13.1 percent, Anglican 10.9%, and Christian Nfd 4.3 percent. In Kalgoorlie, the region of Kalgoorlie to Boulder, Christianity was the most prominent religion in the comprehensive report (57.2 percent).
Population Density of Kalgoorlie
Kalgoorlie the population density of Kalgoorlie is 536 inhabitants per km.
Occupations and Industries
According to census data, the most prevalent occupations for people who reside within Kalgoorlie comprise Technicians and Trades Workers 21.2 percent, Machinery Operators and Drivers 17.3 percent, professionals 14.3 percent, Clerical and Administrative Workers 10.8 percent along with Community and Personal Service Workers 9.3 percent.
The most important industries that people from Kalgoorlie are employed in is 19.1 percent of them working on Gold Ore Mining.
Other important industries for employment include Primary Education 3.2%, Road Freight Transport 2.8%, Other Mining Support Services 2.7 percent, and Hospitals (except Psychiatric Hospitals) 2.5 percent.
8.4% worked 1 to 15 hours for time spent working, 6.1% worked 16 to 24 hours, and 58.1 percent of workers spent 40 or more hours at work.
Facts About Kalgoorlie
- The city was created in 1989 through the amalgamation between the cities of Kalgoorlie and Boulder. The city is known as Kalgoorlie Boulder; however, it is commonly referred to as Kalgoorlie.
- The name Kalgoorlie originates in the Wangai word Karlkurla or Kulgooluh meaning “place of the silky pears.”
- One of the most valuable gold deposits anywhere globally, the Super Pit situated in Kalgoorlie is a well-known gold mine. About fifteen million tons of rocks are transported out into the Super Pit every year, making this highly efficient operation worth the gold it is.
- The median personal income per week for individuals aged 15 and older was $970.
- The area of Kalgoorlie is 75.1 square kilometers.
- Kalgoorlie is a hot summer in Kalgoorlie. The month of January is the most desirable, with an average temperature of 33.6 deg C. Temperatures higher than 40.0 deg C are not uncommon, occurring about every week.
The following links provide data for this topic: