Glasgow Population 2022 Statistics

The city is located on the banks of River Clyde in the West Central Lowlands, Glasgow is the biggest city in Scotland and is the fourth biggest of the United Kingdom by population. Glasgow has an estimated population of 608,000.

In terms of economics, Glasgow comprises the third highest GDP per person of the United Kingdom after Edinburgh and London.

The rate of economic growth for Glasgow is 4.4 per year, the highest of all cities, following London. Glasgow has maintained over 410,000 jobs in more than 12,000 companies.

Glasgow is ranked as the sixth most desirable city for students of The United Kingdom. Glasgow has four universities. Of these Glasgow universities.

The University of Glasgow is the fourth-oldest university in the United Kingdom and is counted as one of the top 100 universities in the world.

The city is home to numerous captivating locations such as Kelvin Grove Art Gallery and Museum, Riverside Museum, Glasgow Cathedral, Gallery of Modern Art, and many more.

Therefore, a significant number of tourists choose Glasgow as the destination for their next trip.

Based on our findings, the Glasgow population will increase to 616,201 by the 1st of July 2022. The first day of July every year because the Office for National Statistics (ONS) typically publishes estimates of population figures for the same time frame.

The calculation is based on an annual growth rate of 0.27 percent over the past 10 years starting from 2011. We believe that using the most recent year’s figures (see this table in the next section) will help make the estimate more precise.

Population Growth of Glasgow

In the last ten years, people living in Glasgow have grown within the increase rate of 0.1 percent to 0.43 percent, which is between 630 and 2,570 people to the total population.

YearPopulationRatio of Growth

Demographics of Glasgow

As per the UK Census 2011, 51 percent of the population in Glasgow is made up of females, and the remainder 49% is males. Based on racial ratio, White people make up 88.4 percent of the inhabitants of Glasgow.

In the ’60s and ’70s, many people from Asian nations migrated to Glasgow. Of them, 30000 Asians came from Pakistan as well as 15,000 from India as well as 3,000 Bangladeshis, and a few people who were from China. There are also 8,406 Polish residents, which is 1.42 percent of the Glasgow population. A lot of Italian who originate from Scotland resides in Glasgow.

In the city of Glasgow, English, Scots, and Gaelic are the main three spoken languages. According to religious beliefs, Christianity is the largest religion that is followed in Glasgow and has 54.5 percent of the population as believers. Muslims comprise 5.4 percent of the population in Glasgow.

Population Density of Glasgow

The population density in Glasgow is 321 people per square kilometer. This makes it the largest city in Scotland.

Facts about Glasgow

  1. The fossilized remains of eleven trees that have died have a lifespan of more than 330 million to time when the climate in Glasgow was hot and humid.
  2. The Glasgow City Council was built in the City Chamber, in 1996. The building is greater marble than Vatican.
  3. Clockwork Orange, the underground railway system that runs through Glasgow is the third-oldest underground system in the world.
  4. Glasgow Tower Glasgow Tower earned the Guinness World Record for its ability to rotate 360 degrees during the presence of wind.
  5. Alongside Turbine Hall Tramway is also the biggest art museum in The United Kingdom.
  6. The Britannia Panopticon is the longest performing concert hall in the globe.
  7. The Hunterian Museum of Glasgow is the oldest museum in Scotland that is open to the public.
  8. Glasgow played host to the very first association football match played internationally in 1872.
  9. The magnificent Victorian Bar, Horseshoe Bar, is the oldest operating bar in Europe.
  10. Glasgow has 20 museums and art galleries that house the most impressive collection of art and antiques of Europe.


The following links provide data for this topic:

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top